SAVE THE DATE
Check-in to our Vascular Symposium.
Early-bird tickets available until November 1, 2019. Ticket sales are open: click here.
Regular tickets available from November 1, 2019 until December 6, 2019.
On-site registration available on December 7, 2019.
Welcome to our 29th edition of the Vascular Symposium.
Moderators: Geert Lauwers (Genk, Belgium) & Valerie Waelbers (Deurne, Belgium)
- Surgical site infection: classification, risk factors and prevention
Annette Schuermans (Leuven, Belgium)
- Treatment of surgical site infection after vascular surgery
Lijckle Van der Laan (Breda, The Netherlands)
- Technical aspects of vascularized muscular flaps
Zoltan Szeberin (Budapest, Hungary)
- Prophylactic negative pressure therapy for groin incisions
Georgios Antoniou (Manchester, United Kingdom)
Moderators: Philip Lerut (Kortrijk, Belgium) & Philippe Remy (Charleroi, Belgium)
- Definition and epidemiology of vascular graft infection
Hozan Mufty (Leuven, Belgium)
- Imaging for vascular graft infection
Ben Saleem (Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Importance of deep cultures before starting antibiotics
Rainer Gattringer (Wels-Grieskirchen, Austria)
Attribution by Frank Vermassen, President of BSVS
- Presentation of the winning paper
- Status of the project
Donna Peerboom (Project Assistant – Leuven, Belgium)
Moderators: Maxime Elens (Brussels, Belgium) & Frank Vermassen (Ghent, Belgium)
- In situ versus ex situ reconstruction ; complete versus partial excision
Thomas Wyss (Bern, Switzerland)
- Graft materials for in situ reconstruction
Patrick Vriens (Tilburg, The Netherlands)
- Graft centric fistulae: stent graft as a temporary or definite solution
Xavier Berard (Bordeaux, France)
- Antimicrobial management
Eric Senneville (Lille, France)
- Current strategies to prevent vascular graft infection
Bas Vierhout (Assen, The Netherlands)
Rob Lavigne (Leuven, Belgium)
- Inhibitors of biofilm formation
Hans Steenackers (Leuven, Belgium)